The Church of the Annunciation of Moldovita Monastery

The Church of the Annunciation of Moldovita Monastery. The old monastery, dating from the 14th century, was rebuilt in the 15th century by Alexander the Good (1400 – 1432). The Moldavian Prince Peter Rares was the founder of the present edifice (1532), decorated with exterior paintings (1537). The precinct and princely residence were rebuilt later. The restoration works conducted in the ’60s revealed the foundations of the old convent.

Sent postcard to Marina Dobrovolskaya (Russia) cod: 1001-31

Advertisements